Welcome to the 2019 Holiday Adopt-a-Family Application!
Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada's Adopt-a-Family Program has been created to assist our families during the holiday season. We match families with generous individuals, groups, and companies (adopters) in the Las Vegas community in the hopes of reducing the emotional and financial stress that may be felt by families during this time of year.
When completing the application, please focus on the needs of your child(ren). Though it is understandable that your child may want expensive electronics, clothes, or toys, please note that the lists will be looked over and all expensive items will be removed. If expensive items are the only item(s) listed, your family's application may be put to the side, and your family may not be chosen to participate this holiday season.
Please provide as many suggestions and specific examples as possible to assist your family's "adopter." Please look at the suggestions below before filling out the holiday wish list.
Matches will be made in Late November / Early December. You will be notified if your family has been adopted this holiday season.
If your family has been chosen by another organization for the holidays, please notify Candlelighters immediately!
Holiday Adopt-a-Family Applications will be accepted through Friday, December 6, 2019
Here are some examples of what to ask for!
SHOES: ballet flats, Converse sneakers, boots, sandals, slippers, cleats, specific shoes for sports (be specific with colors)
TOPS: t-shirts, polos, button-downs, sweaters, long-sleeve shirts, blouses (be specific with colors and styles)
BOTTOMS: jeans (skinny, bootleg, straight, ankle, etc.), khakis, sweatpants, dress pants, leggings, shorts, skirts (be specific with colors and styles)
OUTERWEAR: hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, coats (be specific with colors and styles)
OTHER CLOTHING: tights, gloves, hats, scarves, underwear, socks, robes (be specific with colors and styles)
EXAMPLES OF GIFT IDEAS (SPECIFIC NAMES OF TOYS AND ITEMS):
- LEGO (be specific!) i.e. LEGO Mixels Series 3-Glurt or LEGO Cuusoo Minecraft Micro World: The First Night
- NERF Guns (be specific!) i.e. NERF Zombie Blasters
- Barbie's (be specific!) i.e. Barbie I Can Be Doll - Rock Star
- Dolls & Dress-Up (be specific!) i.e. Disney Frozen Light Up Dress or Disney Frozen Toddler Anna Doll
- Sheets (be specific!) i.e. Disney's Little Mermaid Cascading Flowers Sheet Set (please remember to include the bed size)
- Learning Toys (be specific!) i.e. LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System - Green
- Video Games (be specific!) i.e. LEGO Marvel Superheroes for Xbox One (include what game system your family already owns!)
MAKE-UP: nail polish, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick (be specific with colors and brands)
ARTS & CRAFTS: crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, drawing pad, knitting materials, clay, shimmer-n-sparkle, jewelry makers
SPORTS EQUIPMENT: soccer balls, lacrosse stick/balls, skateboards, bikes, knee pads, helmets,
The more specific your requests, and the more items you suggest, the more likely your child will receive gifts that they want this holiday season!