Welcome to the Holiday Adopt-a-Family Application!
Let's get started! When completing the application, please focus on the needs of your child(ren). Though it is understandable that your child may want expensive electronics, clothes, or toys, please note that the lists will be looked over and all expensive items will be removed. If expensive items are the only item(s) listed, your family's application may be put to the side, and your family may not be chosen to participate this holiday season.
Please provide as many suggestions and specific examples as possible to assist your family's "adopter." Please look at the suggestions below before filling out the holiday wish list.
Families will be matched with an adopter by the end of November. You will then be notified if your family has been adopted this holiday season.
If your family has been chosen by another organization for the holidays, please notify Candlelighters immediately!
Here are some examples of what to ask for!
SHOES: ballet flats, Converse sneakers, boots, sandals, slippers, cleats, specific shoes for sports (be specific with colors)
TOPS: t-shirts, polos, button-downs, sweaters, long-sleeve shirts, blouses (be specific with colors and styles)
BOTTOMS: jeans (skinny, bootleg, straight, ankle, etc.), khakis, sweatpants, dress pants, leggings, shorts, skirts (be specific with colors and styles)
OUTERWEAR: hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, coats (be specific with colors and styles)
OTHER CLOTHING: tights, gloves, hats, scarves, underwear, socks, robes (be specific with colors and styles)
EXAMPLES OF GIFT IDEAS (SPECIFIC NAMES OF TOYS AND ITEMS):
- LEGO (be specific!) i.e. LEGO Mixels Series 3-Glurt or LEGO Cuusoo Minecraft Micro World: The First Night
- NERF Guns (be specific!) i.e. NERF Zombie Blasters
- Barbie's (be specific!) i.e. Barbie I Can Be Doll - Rock Star
- Dolls & Dress-Up (be specific!) i.e. Disney Frozen Light Up Dress or Disney Frozen Toddler Anna Doll
- Sheets (be specific!) i.e. Disney's Little Mermaid Cascading Flowers Sheet Set (please remember to include the bed size)
- Learning Toys (be specific!) i.e. LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System - Green
- Video Games (be specific!) i.e. LEGO Marvel Superheroes for Xbox One (include what game system your family already owns!)
MAKE-UP: nail polish, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick (be specific with colors and brands)
ARTS & CRAFTS: crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, drawing pad, knitting materials, clay, shimmer-n-sparkle, jewelry makers
SPORTS EQUIPMENT: soccer balls, lacrosse stick/balls, skateboards, bikes, knee pads, helmets,
The more specific your requests, and the more items you suggest, the more likely your child will receive gifts that they want this holiday season!
Submitting the application does not guarantee your family will be adopted for the holidays. Though we try our very best to match all families with donors, sometimes this is not possible. We will contact you late November if your family has been matched with an “adopter”.