Applicants must be:
- A childhood cancer survivor OR their sibling between the ages of 18 (or graduating from high school) through 24 years of age at the time of this application
- Have a minimum, unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Registered with Candlelighters
- Accepted into a post-secondary school in Fall 2024
- Resident of Nevada
- Apply to receive their first Candlelighters scholarship before their 22nd birthday
This is a competitive process and all requirements carry weight in the review process. Not all applicants may receive a scholarship.
Scholarships are funded through grants and generous community supporters and amounts will vary depending on funding and the number of applicants.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on Wednesday, February 21st, 2024.
Incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted.
All Applicants Must Submit The Following For Consideration
- Candlelighters Scholarship application completed in full.
- Copy of acceptance letter from the University, Community College or Trade School that you plan to attend in Fall 2024 (if a high school senior).
- Official copy of recent transcript (applicable to both high school and college students)
- A written essay as directed in the application
- Video Interview (link to Spark Hire provided through application)
- Recent photo (within last 3 months)
- Signed Media and Photo Release
Candlelighters Scholarship Expectations
Maintain an overall 2.5 or higher (4.0) GPA
Maintain full-time status defined as at least 12 units per semester or quarter.
*Applicants with a part-time status must provide an explanation of why.
Applicants May Continue to Apply Until One of the Following Occur:
Individual is 25 years of age or older
Applicant receives their undergraduate degree from the university, community college or trade school
Has received a total of 4 years of assistance from the Candlelighters Scholarship
Scholarship Fund Disbursement
Awards will be paid one time directly to the award recipient to be used for tuition, books and other school-related expenses. If the recipient chooses to stop attending school the funds are to be returned to Candlelighters. Failure to do so may jeopardize future awards.
Scholarship Award Announcements
Applicants will be notified of award decisions by email in April.
Applicants who receive an award will be invited to attend Candlelighters Scholarship Awards Ceremony held in April of 2024.
Please contact Candlelighters at 702-737.1919 or DLandis@CandleLightersNV.org.