NEW THIS YEAR scholarships are available for siblings.
Applicants must be:
- A childhood cancer survivor or their sibling between the ages of 18 (or graduating from high school) through 24 years of age at the time of this application
- Registered with Candlelighters
- Accepted into a post-secondary school in Fall 2022
- Resident of Nevada
- Have a minimum, unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
This is a competitive process and all requirements carry weight in the review process. Not all applicants may receive a scholarship.
Scholarships are funded through grants and generous community supporters and amounts will vary depending on funding and the number of applicants.
Applications are due Saturday, April 30, 2022 by 5pm. Incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted.
All Applicants Must Submit The Following For Consideration
NEW for 2022: A video interview component will be added to the scholarship application process. A separate link to the interview questions will be provided after April 6th. The video interview is required to complete your application.
- Candlelighters Scholarship application completed in full
- Video Interview
- Copy of acceptance letter from the University, Community College or Trade School that you plan to attend in Fall 2022 (if a high school senior)
- Copy of recent official transcript (high school and college)
- A written essay as directed in the application
- Recent photo
Candlelighters Scholarship Expectations
Maintain an overall 2.5 or higher (4.0) GPA
Maintain full-time status defined as at least 12 units per semester or quarter. Applicants with a part-time status must provide an explanation of why.
Provide updates on progress during the school year.
Applicants May Continue to Apply Until One of the Following Occur:
Individual is 25 years or older
Receives their undergraduate degree from the university, community college or trade school
Scholarship Fund Disbursement
Awards will be paid one time directly to the award recipient to be used for tuition, books and other school-related expenses. If the recipient chooses to stop attending school the funds are to be returned to Candlelighters. Failure to do so may jeopardize future awards.
Scholarship Award Announcements
Applicants will be notified of award decisions by email.
Applicants who receive an award will be invited to attend Candlelighters Scholarship Awards Ceremony held in July 2022.
Please contact Candlelighters at 702-737.1919 or CRamirez@CandleLightersNV.org.